Can’t make our midnight release? Come to our weekend launch party and our inaugural Overwatch tournament, the first of its kind in NYC!
Try out Overwatch on our brand new, blazing fast, high spec gaming PCs with 144hz monitors; you’ll be wasting scrubs lag free all day long!
Bring your A-game and compete against the best in NYC in the first 6v6 BO3/BO5 single elimination Overwatch tournament in the area with over $1000 in prizes on the line! The winning team will each receive a complete gaming peripheral set from E-Blue (mechanical keyboard, gaming mouse, gaming headset, mousepad)! Cash pool winnings will be split between 1st and 2nd place 60/40!
Re-energize with pizza, snacks and BAWLS Guarana energy drinks!
Win prizes from our premium raffles such as an Overwatch Collector’s Edition, EBLUE gaming chair & a hoverboard! Take home free swag!
Cosplay as your favorite Overwatch characters and pay only $20 at the door!
Admission: $25 in advance, $30 at door ($5 of each ticket goes to prize pool).
Format: Single Elimination Best of 3, Best of 5 Finals
Registration: Limit to 12 teams, team registration permitted, single players or small groups will be grouped randomly with other players.
- Each team will get points in a best of 3 series (first game to semi-final’s) or best of 5 series (finals). If at the end of a series the score is tied, the winner is determined in a single round King of the Hill (KOTH) capture point, chosen randomly.
- On payload and capture point maps, teams will receive 1 point for successfully attacking or defending. If both teams won on the attacking side, then the team with the fastest map time will receive an extra point. If both teams win on defending side, then the team that captured the farthest objective will receive an extra point, OR if that is a tie as well, no extra point will be rewarded.
- On KOTH maps, teams will receive 1 point for each capture point taken in a best of 3.
- Map selection for the series is to be done by a map draft on http://owdraft.com
- Draft tool settings: Starting team = Random
- Teams take turns banning maps until 5 maps are left – the remaining 5 maps will make up pool used for the series – teams will then continue banning until there is only 1 map left – that map will be the first one played in the series.
- The team that went second in the drafting process will get to choose the starting side (attack or defense) for the first map.
- For game 2 and onward, the loser of the previous map will choose the next map from the map pool that was determined in the map draft and the winner of the previous map will get to choose the starting side – each map can only be played once in a series.
Ingame problems and disqualifications:
- If a player for some reason cannot continue the game, the game may be remade provided that the issue happened before the one minute mark and no objectives were taken.
- First usage of known exploits or bugs will result in a forfeit of the current game. A second usage of known exploits or bugs will result in disqualification and potentially bans from participating in further Evo Gaming tournaments.
- A formal complaint regarding behavior and/or bugs needs to occur no more than 15 minutes after the game ended, otherwise the matter will be considered as closed.
- Admins will reserve the right to disqualify a team based on their behavior at their sole discretion if something noteworthy is brought to their attention.
Must be 18+ or have parental consent prior to event. Teams must pre-register by purchasing separate tickets or have a captain purchase them. Event begins at 12:00 PM, registration closes/tournament begins at 1:00 PM. E-mail us at email@example.com for more information.
Rules & Info
- Feel free to bring your own gaming peripherals!
- No outside food or drink.
- No recreational drugs or illegal substances.
- Harassment of attendees will not be tolerated.
- Don’t hog the PCs! You must give up your spot after 2 matches if not currently competing in a tournament match.
- Cheating or griefing during the tournament will result in a premade team’s disqualification or an individual banned from the tournament and future events.